Middle East Conflicts Question’s
1. The zionest is a motion founded in the 1890’s to advance the constitution of a Judaic fatherland in Palestine
2. The 1917 Balfour Declaration declared that the British favored a Judaic fatherland in Palestine
3. Divide Palestine into two provinces one for the Palestinians and one for the Jew. The Jew supported it but the Palestinians did non.
4. The Israeli Declaration of Independence was read out on Friday. the 14th of May 1948 by David Ben Gurion. who so became the first Prime Minister of the new province.
5. The Arab-Isreali struggles broke out when five arab states invaded Isreal.
6. In 1956 the isrealies attacked the suez canal. Israel held the Gaza Strip and had advanced every bit far as Sharm al-Sheikh along the Red Sea.
7. The Six-Day War took topographic point in June 1967. Arab states attacked isreal. and Isreal gained control of old metropolis Jersalem. the Sinai Peninsula. the Golan highs. and the West bank.
8. On October 6. 1973. trusting to win back district lost to Israel during the 3rd Arab-Israeli war. in 1967. Egyptian and Syrian forces launched a co-ordinated onslaught against Israel on Yom Kippur. the holiest twenty-four hours in the Judaic calendar. Taking the Israeli Defense Forces by surprise. Egyptian military personnels swept deep into the Sinai Peninsula. while Syria struggled to throw busying Israeli troops out of the Golan Heights. Israel counterattacked and recaptured the Golan Heights. A cease-fire went into consequence on October 25. 1973.
9. The Palestine Liberation Organization it was formed in 1964 the laeder ofthe group was Yasir Arafat.
10. On september 17. Egypt and Isreal signed two understandings. the leader of Egypt was Anwar Sadat and the premier curate Menachem Begin.
11. Egypt recognized Isreal as a province. and Isreal returned the Sinai Pennisula to Egypt.
12. President Anwar Sadat angered Arabs and was assinated in 1981.
13. The intifadas were unarmed adolescents who attacked Isrealie soldiers.
14. The people involved in the Oslo Peace Records were Isreal ( yitzhak Rabin ) and Palestine ( Arafat )
15. Isreal. under the leading of Yitzhak Rabin agreed to allow the Palestinians self-government in the Gaza Strip strip and the West bank.
16. Yitzak was assainated by a rightist Jewish extremist who opposed grants to the Palestinians.