1. How many negatrons would a typical Ne component hold? How many negatrons does a typical Li component hold? Use that information to qualitatively depict the difference between the emanation spectrum of Ne and Li. 10. 3. the greater the figure of negatrons the greater the figure of emanation lines on the spectrum
2. The dominant component nowadays in the star’s spectrum to the right: Hydrogen
3. Is a wassailer oven filament an illustration of an emanation. soaking up. or uninterrupted spectrum? What about a Ne lamp? Continuous Spectrum. Emission
4. Add and take a gas cloud. and alteration to Telescope 2 and back to Telescope 1. Just an exercising. no inquiry.
5. Now have the star recede ( so that it is traveling off from Earth ) . Are the soaking up lines shifted to the ruddy or to the blue? Now have the star move perpendicular to Earth. In this instance. is the soaking up lines shifted to the ruddy or to the blue? Red. No alteration in the soaking up lines acquiring absorbed by Earth.
6. How would you anticipate an soaking up line to look in a star that is quickly revolving? Why? Feel free to pull an illustration if that helps. The soaking up line of the side of the star whirling towards you would be blue while the soaking up line of the side of the star whirling off from you would be ruddy. The soaking up line in the center between these would look the same as if the star was non revolving. This is due to Rotational Doppler Broadening. This will do a broadened spectral line.