Essaies: Choose 2 ( 20pts each )
1. The Glorious Revolution solidified the impression that autonomy was a birthright of the Englishman. Explain how the Glorious Revolution contributed to this thought and how it later affected the settlements. Did all of the settlers react to the Glorious Revolution in the same manner? If there were differences. what were they? How was the linguistic communication of autonomy used?
2. Explain the impact of the Seven Years’ War on colonial society. Pay peculiar attending to how the war and its result shaped colonial individualities every bit good as to the relationship between settlers and Indians.
3. Compare Indian society with that of the Europeans. What differences were at that place? Similarities? Be certain to include in your analysis thoughts about faith. land. and gender functions. every bit good as impressions of freedom.
4. Explain the impact on colonial life of the spiritual revival motion known as the Great Awakening. Be certain to discourse its societal every bit good as spiritual effects. What do you conceive of some of the Great Awakening’s “significant political consequences” might hold been?
5. During the class of America’s colonisation. 3 different states attempted to claim it as their ain: Spain. France & A ; England. Describe their different methods of colonisation. their grounds for colonisation & A ; effectivity of each method. Which method was most successful & A ; why?
6. How had the construct of English freedom developed through the centuries before 1700? What had defined freedom. and to whom were autonomies granted? How and why had those definitions changed over the centuries? How did the English Civil War aid to alter those definitions?